The OUS Munich branch recently kicked off a series of events in Munich with a guided tour of Thomas Ruff’s exhibition of his art work (painting and photography) in the Haus der Kunst. Demand for this event was strong and the 30 available spots were filled up quickly. The exhibition was the first comprehensive presentation of the works of Thomas Ruff (b. 1958) in more than ten years. It showed works that had made Ruff famous internationally in the 1980s, as well as some of his more recent paintings and photographs, which all stand out for their size and technique. The tour was guided by Florentine Rosemeyer from Rosemeyer Art Advisors in Munich, who gave inspiring insight into the artistic concepts and techniques used by Thomas Ruff.
The evening was concluded with a reception at the adjacent lounge bar, the Goldene Bar, to allow for networking and the reunion of former classmates.
This event was only the first of a series of others that are planned until mid-2013. Within the next months, The Oxford Society – Munich Branch invites to the following:
- “Oxford goes Oktoberfest”
- Oxford Mass & Concert: World Premier of new church mass composed by Oxonian composer Alexander Campkin
- Christmas Dinner with high profile keynote speaker
- 2 additional Speaker-Events with two top managers of listed German corporations
- Guided tour through Munich Opera
- Valentine’s Day Event
For dates and further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.